Installing Openshot video editor

Bill Davidsen davidsen at tmr.com
Wed Dec 1 13:35:22 UTC 2010

Richard Shaw wrote:
> On Tue, Nov 30, 2010 at 7:54 AM, Zoltan Hoppar<hopparz at gmail.com>  wrote:
>> Hi Richard,
>>
>> I will need them to my projects. Currently Pitivi is also suffering
>> from many problems, including gstreamer - and I always happy when I
>> find an new version to finish waht I have begun earlier. So if you
>> could, upload them to test out - and maybe for my projects.
>
> Ok, I got them uploaded.

Be aware that going to this site will result in attempts to open windows, blast
ads from your speaker, and try to do something resulting in multiple SElinux
warnings and blocked operations. Luckily I am not a trusting person, I was doing
this from a new VM created for the purpose and could just crash and delete the
machine, and was running it outside the firewall so it can't reach unhardened
machines.

At the least the site is ill-behaved, more likely it is trying to install
{something} which SElinux prevented. I'd like the Openshot software, but
wouldn't trust anything from that site.

YMMV

--
Bill Davidsen <davidsen at tmr.com>