F14 pycurl update seems to have broken yum

Rahul Sundaram metherid at gmail.com
Thu Dec 2 11:09:43 UTC 2010

On Thu, Dec 2, 2010 at 8:09 AM, john wendel <jwendel10 at comcast.net> wrote:

> Yum update Tuesday morning, now yum is broken with pycurl error 6. Can't
> connect to any repos.
>
> Any clues on how to recover will be appreciated.

The only update so far was pushed a long time ago at

https://admin.fedoraproject.org/updates/python-pycurl-7.19.0-7.fc14

If that is indeed the problem, you can look up the older version in
http://koji.fedoraproject.org.    Download that and run rpm --Uvh <package>
--oldpackage would help downgrade it to the previous version which should
fix the issue but since I nor anyone else I am aware of is running into this
problem,  I am curious to know why it broke for you.

Rahul