Problems with USB drive in init 3 -- do I need autofs?

Robert Moskowitz rgm at htt-consult.com
Thu Dec 2 16:32:34 UTC 2010

System is Fedora 12 in init 3 (non-gui) boot.

I have a 1.5Tb USB drive.  When I reboot, typically I have had to unplug
and replug the drive or even power cycle the drive to get it found.

Well with this morning's new kernel update, i rebooted and though the
drive is showing in /media, none of its content is showing.

ls /media/d4ae05a3-c60f-489d-8159-e16c9a271f0b/

Shows nothing.  What to do?

So I was HOPING that perhaps adding autofs would get this properly
mounted so I can access all the data I have on the drive.