capi4linux service

Antonio Olivares olivares14031 at yahoo.com
Fri Dec 3 01:26:02 UTC 2010

Dear fellow fedora users,

I have several machines running Fedora 14 and I get the message:

Starting capi4linux: udev-work[46X]: kernel-provided name 'capi' and NAME= 'api20' disagree, please use SYMLINK+= or change the kernel to provide the proper name

Does this "service" do anything special or important on the computer that is is "really needed"?

I am deliberating whether to
# service capi4linux stop
# chkconfig capi4linux off

and not see it again?

I see machine freezing randomly too, Don't know what to blame, nouveau, capi4linux, or other thing?  Machine froze several times since Fedora 10, but then had not froze, but now it does and screen just changes color.  Is there something I can do,

NO I won't check the memory, been there and done that. Memory tests report fine :)

Thanks for advice/suggestions/ and other answers are greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Antonio

P.S. will give smoltProfile if needed to determine if that could be what is wrong?