K3B won't Accept wav. files

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Sun Dec 5 01:55:47 UTC 2010

On Sat, 2010-12-04 at 20:23 -0500, Jim wrote:
> Trying to Burn Audio  CD in K3B, but K3B won't accept ,wav files,
> It says to convert files to .wav format, they are .wav files.

Are they really wav files, or merely files with a .wav file suffix?
It's not unknown to someone to name things wrongly, or think they can
convert a file simply by renaming it, or for Windows to (bizarrely)
use .wav as a container for another format.  You can use the "file"
command to find out.

e.g. file example.wav

Another possibility is how the wav files are construed (bit rate,
headerless raw files, etc.).  They might not be recognisable, or be an
unsupported type.

--
[tim at localhost ~]$ uname -r
2.6.27.25-78.2.56.fc9.i686