K3B won't Accept wav. files

Jorge Fábregas jorge.fabregas at gmail.com
Sun Dec 5 17:55:32 UTC 2010

On Sunday 05 December 2010 13:47:35 Jim wrote:
> Running lame -d yourFile.mp3    says -d is obsolete .

Hmmm. Try "lame --decode yourFile.mp3" (make sure it has mp3 extension).

> When file is converted where does it put the converted .wav file.

In the current directory

> All the files I want to convert has the .wav extension do I Rename them to
> file.mp3

Yes (as the output of the file command you showed, they seem like MP3s ).
Maybe K3 decides what to do with the files based on extension. Try that.

I suggest you install this tool called "mediainfo" which will give you details
about any media file:

http://mediainfo.sourceforge.net/en/Download

There are some RPMs there for Fedora 13 (they should work on Fedora 14).
You'll need to install first the other two packages (which are also there):
libmediainfo0 and libzen0.

Once you have mediainfo installed:

mediainfo yourFile.wav

and it will tell you the details about it (if it's an mp3, bit-rate, channels
etc...).