K3B won't Accept wav. files

Fernando Cassia fcassia at gmail.com
Sun Dec 5 22:04:24 UTC 2010

On Sun, Dec 5, 2010 at 6:49 PM, Fernando Cassia <fcassia at gmail.com> wrote:
> Around the winxp timeframe -perhaps earlier- the Redmond Juggernaut
> started using a compression codec in wav files. So they might have a
> wav extension and wav header, but the content can be compressed with
> one codec, whose name escapes me at the moment...

Oh yes, I remember now... ADPCM.... WAV files used to be
cross-platform as long as all were PCM... I used to exchange wav files
between Windows, Linux, and OS/2 systems... then came Microsoft with
ADPCM and suddenly I couldn´t play those wav files anymore on my
ages-old OS/2 4.5 system.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adaptive_DPCM

I wonder, perhaps k3b is expecting wav files to be in PCM format,
instead of ADPCM?.

FC