Upgrade F8 to F12

Michael Wiktowy michael.wiktowy at gmail.com
Mon Dec 6 05:25:10 UTC 2010

On Sun, Dec 5, 2010 at 6:01 PM, Adil Adil <adil.drissi at yahoo.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm wondering if there is a way to upgrade directly from F8 to F12 instead of upgrading to 9, then 10, 11 nd finally 12 as explained in this page:
> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Upgrading_from_EOL_Fedora_using_yum

It can always be done. There is always a trade-off though.
The bigger the jump, the more the chance for odd bugs cropping up that
very few people have had because no one had tested for them.

You just have to guess whether tracking down and fixing a multitude of
small configuration issues is going to waste less of your time than
backing up your critical data, making a list of the applications you
have installed and rebuilding/reconfiguring things from scratch.

Where that tipping point is depends on your familiarity with Fedora
and ability to troubleshoot (among numerous other factors).

/Mike