Samsung Laser Printers - propietary Page Description Language? (ML-1665)

Fernando Cassia fcassia at gmail.com
Mon Dec 6 12:48:07 UTC 2010

On Mon, Dec 6, 2010 at 9:39 AM, Fernando Cassia <fcassia at gmail.com> wrote:
> Linux driver for SPL2 aka QPDL
> http://foo2qpdl.rkkda.com/

And here is another driver for SPL, that gives more clues

"SpliX is a set of CUPS printer drivers for SPL (Samsung Printer
Language) printers. If you have a such printer, you need to download
and use SpliX. Moreover you will find documentation about this
proprietary language. "

http://splix.sourceforge.net/

--------------
About SPL(1) printers

The SPL1 printers use a specific language internally called Smart GDI.
However, SpliX attemps to bring a support for the internally called
QPDL language. Moreover, the smart GDI language is already supported
by Ghostscript under the name "gdi".
For all these reasons, Splix won't support old SPL(1) printers.

Please refer to the Smart GDI Project for more information.

Non-exhaustive list of SPL1 printers : ML-1210, ML-1430, ML-1440, ML-1450

I´m beginning to understand less by every passing minute. Lots of
model numbers repeated (why the different drivers, then?), I think,
but still nothing on the ML-1665.

FC