[Fedora] Re: kde slow to start after a crash

Walter Cazzola cazzola at dico.unimi.it
Thu Dec 9 22:22:48 UTC 2010

On Thu, 9 Dec 2010, Rex Dieter wrote:

> If you have desktop effects enabled, try disabling them or try to login
> using session "kde (failsafe)".  If that helps, it's very likely a video
> driver problem, or at least an incompatibility with one of kwin's configured
> effects plugins (first one I'd recommend disabling for testing, is the blur
> plugin).

I've the desktop effects enabled but not the blur one. BTW everything
was working like a charm before the system crashed (and the crash was
due to the "send file" option of skype) but it become extremely slow
after such a crash and I suppose the crash has messed up with a cofnig
file in the .kde dir but I don't know which one.

Walter

--
Walter Cazzola, PhD - Associate Professor, DICo, University of Milano
E-mail: cazzola at dico.unimi.it  Ph.: +39 02 503 16300  Fax: +39 02 503 16253