Asian fonts are not shown correctly in F14?

Ed Greshko Ed.Greshko at greshko.com
Sat Dec 11 08:16:23 UTC 2010

On 12/11/2010 03:40 PM, Joachim Backes wrote:
> that's possible, and displays properly.
>
> But my problem: Opening a new OOwriter document, then switching to a
> lohit font and typing some chars: no lohit chars appear, but some
> western (and no asiatic) font.

How are you typing the "tamil"?

If I use OOwriter and select "Tamil - India", for example, I can type
and see the Tamil characters just fine.  I have no idea what I'm
writing...and I'm probably insulting someone...but it works fine.  The
Latin characters in the lohit fonts look as if they may be patterned
after Arial but that seems reasonable to me.