Fedora 10 DVD can't boot!

Kevin J. Cummings cummings at kjchome.homeip.net
Mon Dec 13 15:35:31 UTC 2010

On 12/13/2010 08:14 AM, M A Young wrote:
> On Mon, 13 Dec 2010, Roubhya Shankar Aluni wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>        I am new here! Hello everybody! Can any one say how to boot from
>> Fedora 10 DVD ? Because it has no EFI folder in dvd.
>
> I would guess that Fedora 10 is too old to have EFI support. Try
> something more recent such as Fedora 14.

I just looked at my F10 and F11 install disks.  F11 has an EFI
directory, F10 does not.  So it looks like you need at least F11....

Or, you could try copying the F11 directory to your F10 boot image and
burn it again.... (you might want to edit the EFI/BOOT/BOOT.conf file to
reflect F10, but that's just a cosmetic change.)

--
Kevin J. Cummings
kjchome at rcn.com
cummings at kjchome.homeip.net