SELinux

Jorge Fábregas jorge.fabregas at gmail.com
Tue Dec 14 00:11:01 UTC 2010

On Monday 13 December 2010 18:48:35 Patrick Dupre wrote:
> I tried to use restcorecon -v -R /usr/lib/libgiac.so.0.0.0 and
> restorecon -v -R /usr/bin/xcas
>
> but I have not been successful.
>
> Some ideas ?

text relocation.. That's a common issue.  You need to label the libraries with
"textrel_shlib_t" and you do that with the chcon command BUT... in order to do
it the proper way (so that it survives any future realabel of the system) try
this:

semanage fcontext -a -t textrel_shlib_t '/usr/lib/libgiac.so.0.0.0'
restorecon -v /usr/lib/libgiac.so.0.0.0

With semanage you're telling SELinux THAT library should always be labelled as
"textrel_shlib_t".  If you don't do this you'll get the default "lib_t" which
I supposed is the current label (if you do "ls -lZ libiac*" which happens to
be the default label for the parent directory (/usr/lib).

That semanage line has the specific library. You could enter a regular
expression there but I don't know your details.  If you get any other AVC with
the same message (text relocation..) for another library, run another semange
command changing the library name.

HTH,
Jorge