Installing Adobe Flash Player in F14

Temlakos temlakos at gmail.com
Thu Dec 16 01:32:04 UTC 2010

On 12/15/2010 06:59 PM, Kevin Fenzi wrote:
> On Wed, 15 Dec 2010 18:56:46 -0500
> Temlakos<temlakos at gmail.com>  wrote:
>

>> I've tried several times to install the Adobe-provided .rpm on a new
>> F14 installation, without result.
>>
>> What must I do--take the tarball?
>>
> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Flash
>
> kevin

Well, here's an interesting thing: I have two computers, one F14 and the
other F12. (I'm planning to clean out the F12 machine as soon as I have
replicated my environment and migrated my files.) F14 could handle the
YUM rpm (but only when I used Konsole and "su" to run it with full
privileges), and then Kpackagekit was able to process upgrades. F12
choked on those upgrades. So already I see an improvement.

Next question: if I install mp3 libraries, would Gnash be able to play
all Flash plugins, even if they had mp3 sound? Has anyone tried that
kind of setup?

Temlakos