About programing, a general question

Parshwa Murdia b330bkn at gmail.com
Fri Dec 17 09:32:16 UTC 2010

On Fri, Dec 17, 2010 at 12:12 AM, Marko Vojinovic <vvmarko at gmail.com> wrote:

Mastering C essentially means mastering procedural programming in general.
> The
> two next conceptually different things you want to learn are
> object-oriented
> programming (say, C++), and functional programming (say, lisp or prolog).
>
> After that you can say you've seen it all, and every other language you
> come
> across will just be one of these three things, in a new syntax (and it's
> own
> quirks).

Yes sure, but I am confused only in three of the languages - Python (people
say easier than 'C') bash if Linux is the case (as my future intention is to
learn Linux) or C (the very basic). I know though, the basic principles
remain the same for any programing language.

> Every other language eventually gets translated into an executable
> ("binary")
> code before being executed on a machine. This is the purpose of a compiler
> ---
> it takes the source code written in some language and translates it to set
> of
> instructions for the processor (an executable). The assembly language is
> basically a human-readable form of this, and represents the lowest level of
> understanding of how any computer program actually works. The only thing
> beyond this is just hardware.
>
> Of course, assembly is so low level that it is completely unusable for
> anything other than conceptual understanding (and reverse engineering :-)
> ).
> Today everybody uses one of the higher languages which are much more
> expressive (in human terms). But they all get translated to something that
> looks like assembly before being executed, so if you are familiar with that
> you can have a good idea how everything else is constructed, at least in
> principle. ;-)
>
> HTH, :-)
> Marko

I came to the conclusion to go for C (over bash or Python) and I hope it
would be good...?

--

Regards,
Parshwa Murdia