About programing, a general question

John Haxby john.haxby at gmail.com
Fri Dec 17 10:37:33 UTC 2010

On 17 December 2010 10:24, Parshwa Murdia <b330bkn at gmail.com> wrote:

> So C is better then? If you compare with Python, which is better place to
> start with?

Python is a better start.

It's very hard to say whether one programming language is better than
another.  I've written stuff in, oh, I can't remember how many languages,
but I couldn't say "C is better than Cobol" or "Fortran is better than
Forth" or "Prolog is better than PHP", they just don't stand that kind of
comparison.   However, some languages stand out as being good for a
beginning programmer: Algol68 (well, that's what I learned first, I'm fond
of it, but it's long gone really), CLU (ditto), Java and Python.   For ease
of access, I'd come down to Python, it's available everywhere and it's very
easy to start.  There's a good tutorial on python.org as well.

jch