About programing, a general question

Parshwa Murdia b330bkn at gmail.com
Fri Dec 17 10:46:45 UTC 2010

On Fri, Dec 17, 2010 at 4:07 PM, John Haxby <john.haxby at gmail.com> wrote:

Python is a better start.

> It's very hard to say whether one programming language is better than
> another.  I've written stuff in, oh, I can't remember how many languages,
> but I couldn't say "C is better than Cobol" or "Fortran is better than
> Forth" or "Prolog is better than PHP", they just don't stand that kind of
> comparison.   However, some languages stand out as being good for a
> beginning programmer: Algol68 (well, that's what I learned first, I'm fond
> of it, but it's long gone really), CLU (ditto), Java and Python.   For ease
> of access, I'd come down to Python, it's available everywhere and it's very
> easy to start.  There's a good tutorial on python.org as well.
>
> jch

Yes, okay, Python as I guessed would really be better! I agree that one
cannot say that one language is better than the other but as the beginner is
confused, he can.

Collecting all the conclusions, I guess and think now that Python would be a
better option. The easier one too.

--

Regards,
Parshwa Murdia