XRDP - Howto select which desktop to run at login?

KC8LDO kc8ldo at arrl.net
Sun Dec 19 01:05:12 UTC 2010

>fc11 is outdated, I recommend you to use fedora 14

Easy to recommend but I don't have that choice. Anyway I know what some of
the common problems are for Fedora-11, Fedora-14 I may as well start all
over again, a waste of my time. I have a Fedora-13 box where I can't even
get the qemu-kvm system updated where you can install Windows XP Pro or 2000
Pro as a VM without a failure on the second stage install. It's a known bug
and there doesn't appear to be any real interest in fixing it. It works fine
on Fedora-11 however. I don't know if this problem is fixed on Fedora-14 or
not for sure. There is something to be said with sticking with an older
version where most of the bugs have been ironed out.

>to change which desktop to run you need to edit startwm.sh under /etc/xrdp

That I already know about. What I want is something like when you login at
the locally attached console where you can pick which desktop to use for
that session.

>in newer version of this rpm I think you can edit
>/etc/sysconfig/desktop or something like that.

I want to pick the desktop to use at login time without editing files.

>--

>Itamar Reis Peixoto
>msn, google talk: itamar at ispbrasil.com.br
>+55 11 4063 5033 (FIXO SP)