Trouble with wireless connection

Colin Paul Adams colin at colina.demon.co.uk
Sun Dec 19 12:37:32 UTC 2010

This only started happening a couple of days ago:

My wife's desktop, and my laptop, connect to our broadband modem via
wifi. We find that now (as opposed to earlier in the week), we cannot
connect until we restart the modem.

My desktop and my webserver connect via an ethernet cable (static IP
address). Neither machine has a problem connecting.

Is this likely to be a hardware problem that has developed in the modem,
or might it be due to a recent software update?
--
Colin Adams
Preston Lancashire