sendmail problem in F14

Dave Stevens geek at uniserve.com
Mon Dec 20 20:37:03 UTC 2010

I use kmail with Fedora 14 and have a problem with sending an email to a Yahoo
address. The mail appears (I'm guessing) to be too big for the recipient's
mailbox but I get no bounce message. Rather, after some putzing around I've
been able to get this:

[root at davehost ~]# mailq
		/var/spool/mqueue (1 request)
-----Q-ID----- --Size-- -----Q-Time----- ------------
Sender/Recipient-----------
oBE00415002020*10549593 Mon Dec 13 16:03 <geek at uniserve.com>
                 (reply: read error from d.mx.mail.yahoo.com.)
					 <jsr_art at yahoo.com>
		Total requests: 1

It appears that there is some bandwidth-eating back and forth going on between
sendmail on my computer and the Yahoo MTA. I'd be happy to purge this job but
the sendmail docs are not transparent (enough) and I wonder if anyone can
refer me to an appropriate info source.

TIA

Dave