various errors related to configuration

Hugh Brown hbrown at divms.uiowa.edu
Tue Dec 21 21:08:09 UTC 2010

> Hi, Hugh,
> 	I did add the link, and then corrected it, then tried
> # mozilla-plugin-config -i
> *** NSPlugin Viewer  *** ERROR: /usr/lib64/mozilla/plugins/libnpjp2.so:
> undefined symbol: __gxx_personality_v0
>
> So at this time, the jre plugin is not installed and I seem to be
> missing some vital library function to get it to work.
>
> After a great deal of google surfing I discovered that this fuction is
> supposedly part of libstdcc++. Using yum I discovered that that is
> supported by: libstdc++.x86_64
>
> running yum info libstdc++.x86_64 I get:
>
> # yum info libstdc++.x86_64
> Loaded plugins: langpacks, presto, refresh-packagekit
> Adding en_US to language list
> Installed Packages
> Name        : libstdc++
> Arch        : x86_64
> Version     : 4.5.1
> Release     : 4.fc14
> Size        : 1.0 M
> Repo        : installed
>>From repo   : fedora
> Summary     : GNU Standard C++ Library
> URL         : http://gcc.gnu.org
> License     : GPLv3+ and GPLv3+ with exceptions and GPLv2+ with
> exceptions
> Description : The libstdc++ package contains a rewritten standard
> compliant GCC
>             : Standard C++ Library.
>
> This also shows up as installed via the graphics window, as I am not
> trusting any single method to give me information now.
>
> # mozilla-plugin-config -l
> EXCLUDE_WRAP:
> libtotem*
> libjavaplugin*
> gecko-mediaplayer*
> mplayerplug-in*
> librhythmbox*
> packagekit*
> libnsISpicec*
> EXCLUDE_LINK:
>
> /usr/lib64/mozilla/plugins-wrapped/nswrapper_64_64.libflashplayer.so
>   Original plugin: /usr/lib64/mozilla/plugins/libflashplayer.so
>   Wrapper version string: X (1.3.0)
> File/Link /usr/lib64/mozilla/plugins-wrapped/libtotem-narrowspace-plugin.so
> File/Link /usr/lib64/mozilla/plugins-wrapped/libtotem-gmp-plugin.so
> File/Link /usr/lib64/mozilla/plugins-wrapped/libtotem-mully-plugin.so
> File/Link /usr/lib64/mozilla/plugins-wrapped/librhythmbox-itms-detection-plugin.so
> File/Link /usr/lib64/mozilla/plugins-wrapped/libtotem-cone-plugin.so
> File/Link /usr/lib64/mozilla/plugins-wrapped/libnpjp2.so
> /usr/lib64/mozilla/plugins-wrapped/nswrapper_64_64.libflashplayer.so
>   Original plugin: /usr/lib64/mozilla/plugins/libflashplayer.so
>   Wrapper version string: X (1.3.0)
> File/Link /usr/lib64/mozilla/plugins-wrapped/libtotem-narrowspace-plugin.so
> File/Link /usr/lib64/mozilla/plugins-wrapped/libtotem-gmp-plugin.so
> File/Link /usr/lib64/mozilla/plugins-wrapped/libtotem-mully-plugin.so
> File/Link /usr/lib64/mozilla/plugins-wrapped/librhythmbox-itms-detection-plugin.so
> File/Link /usr/lib64/mozilla/plugins-wrapped/libtotem-cone-plugin.so
> [...]

My fedora box is being reloaded right now.  It looks like
nspluginwrapper is trying to wrap the libnpjp2.so file when it should
just exclude it (since it is now a 64-bit plugin).  I'd have to play
around with things to give you any other direction.  I'd make sure that
the link is in /usr/lib64/mozilla/plugins and not in
/usr/lib64/mozilla/plugins-wrapped

Hugh

Hugh