do i need a dedicated ip address for https?

Steve Searle steve at stevesearle.com
Wed Dec 22 08:33:57 UTC 2010

Around 06:53am on Wednesday, December 22, 2010 (UK time), S Mathias scrawled:

> http://help.godaddy.com/article/1054
>
> "# Set up SSL protection on your website."
>
> is it an inescapable requirement to have a dedicated [not fix] ip address, when i want to use ssl on my domain?

You can use the same ip address as you use for http, if that is what you
mean. By default http uses port 80, and ssl uses port 443.

Steve

--

Website:  www.stevesearle.com
Twitter:  @ReddishShift

 08:32:08 up 40 days, 20:56,  1 user,  load average: 0.00, 0.06, 0.08