do i need a dedicated ip address for https?

iarly selbir iarlyy at gmail.com
Wed Dec 22 13:22:56 UTC 2010

The SSL with a dedicated IP is the 'supposed' way of how to SSL should be
work, If you are using Apache as web server you can use the SNI with
GnuTLS... last week I had to setup a 3 sites on same server with https, and
its working fine so far.

On Nginx you can recompile with SNI support, but I did not find GnuTLS for
them, the problem of using only SNI is that some old O.S/Browsers doesn't
provide SNI support.

I hope it helps you.

- -
iarlyy selbir