About programing, a general question

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Thu Dec 23 02:43:11 UTC 2010

On Wed, 2010-12-22 at 15:54 -0500, Matthew Saltzman wrote:
> Bah.  Real Programmers don't use FORTRAN, either!
>
> http://johnreece.com/wordpress/2006/07/10/real-programmers-dont-use-fortran-either/

And I still have my book for the SDK-85 to prove it...  And my pocket
fold-out cheat-sheet for the CPU OP codes   ;-)

Breadboarding our own CPU, RAM, I/O, etc.

Mind you, when it comes to compiling OP codes in your head, then
punching hex into a bouncy keypad, I really wouldn't want to have to
program anything more than the codes required to operate a washing
machine or microwave oven.

Before that, I had toyed with BASIC.  But it was so useless (at least
the simpler implementations you found on personal computers, back then),
that you soon give up on trying to do anything good with it.

Tim runs through the room waving a punch card!

--
[tim at localhost ~]$ uname -r
2.6.27.25-78.2.56.fc9.i686

read messages from the public lists.