About programing, a general question

James Mckenzie jjmckenzie51 at earthlink.net
Thu Dec 23 15:11:25 UTC 2010

Patrick O'Callaghan <pocallaghan at gmail.com> wrote:

>I'd also like to add that this entire thread seems to me to be
>off-topic. There are plenty of forums for discussing programming and
>programming languages, but this is list is for discussion of Fedora and
>as far as I can see not a single message in the thread has any direct
>relevance to Fedora, or to Linux, or to operating systems in general.

However, this has been an interesting thread on what is the 'Best Programming Language To Learn With'.  Fortunately, Fedora and any other Linux distro, with few exceptions, provides a robust location to learn any of the languages discussed, even C++ and Java.

I agree, this thread has run its course and it is time for the OP to go out, buy a few books or Google around the 'net and start programming.

Good luck.

James McKenzie