both nics down after F14 kernel update

Antonio Olivares olivares14031 at yahoo.com
Fri Dec 24 02:24:28 UTC 2010

--- On Thu, 12/23/10, Dave Stevens <geek at uniserve.com> wrote:

> From: Dave Stevens <geek at uniserve.com>
> Subject: both nics down after F14 kernel update
> To: "Community support for Fedora users" <users at lists.fedoraproject.org>
> Date: Thursday, December 23, 2010, 6:20 PM
> Hi,
>
> This afternoon I downloaded a kernel update for F14 and
> rebooted. I
> found I had no network access and could not manually bring
> up the
> interfaces using ifconfig. After considerable thrashing I
> booted off a
> nearby Ubuntu 10.10 and the network access is ok. So I take
> it that
> that conclusively establishes the issue as in software. A
> Tyan S2932
> mobo with eth0 and eth1 onboard. Anyone else seeing this?
> Ideas about
> debugging?
>
> Dave
>

> --

Did you try
$ su -
passwd:
# dhclient eth0
or
# dhclient eth1

and then check if connected with
# ifconfig -a

other option is to see if corresponding *.ko kernel modules are loaded or not? lsmod and look for kernel module, if not loaded, modprobe them as root user and see if that works?

Regards,

Antonio