multimedia player with proxy?

Marko Vojinovic vvmarko at gmail.com
Sat Dec 25 21:04:19 UTC 2010

On Saturday 25 December 2010 10:17:29 Adel ESSAFI wrote:
> I want to ask if you have eny experience with a media player (mplayer, vlc
> .....) and proxy.

I have experience with mplayer&proxy. It generally works as expected.

> I do not succeed to listen to my radio with proxy.
> I have tried with mplayer vlc and xine.

How did you set up the proxy configuration? What is the output of mplayer?

Typically, you want to setup the http_proxy environment variable, and mplayer
should use it.

> ps: the address is : mms://stream.mosaiquefm.net/mosaique64k

I just did

mplayer mms://stream.mosaiquefm.net/mosaique64k

and it started playing without problems. I am not behind any proxy, though.
:-)

HTH, :-)
Marko