Let's talk about yum and p2p in Fedora

Genes MailLists lists at sapience.com
Mon Dec 27 17:53:44 UTC 2010

On 12/27/2010 12:44 PM, Chris Adams wrote:
> implemented defense in depth.
>
> NAT is a combination of a stateful firewall and a packet mangler (that
> changes the IP+port fields).  A stateful firewall without a packet
> mangler (i.e. no NAT) is just as secure.

probably - and yes if all is configured well - however, at first blush
it seems firewall misconfiguration (errors) could be less of an issue
with non-routable addresses - they have nowhere to go on the inside -
and since some of us have less experience with ip6 - this may be more of
an issue than with ip4 - I could be being naive here ...