zoiper permission problem

Darton Williams dartonw at gmail.com
Tue Dec 28 21:48:46 UTC 2010

On Tue, Dec 28, 2010 at 12:08 PM, Simon Tierney
<simon at conditional-fee.co.uk> wrote:
> I am trying to run zoiper on fedora 14, it registers and connects but I
> am getting 1 way or no-way audio.
>
> when the program starts I get the error message:
>
> "can't open file '/home/simon/.gnome2/session-manual' (error 13:
> Permission denied)"
>
> can anyone suggest the problem / solution?

AFAIK, session and session-manual are used by older versions of GNOME.
The new method of saving sessions and starting apps for a session is
via .desktop files in ~/.config/autostart. The above-mentioned file
probably doesn't exist in your install, but you can create it to get
rid of the error:

touch ~/.gnome2/session-manual

If it does exist, you will just want to edit the permissions or
ownership on the file with chown and chmod.