Fedora 12 automatically reboots

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Wed Dec 29 00:03:38 UTC 2010

Suvayu Ali:
>> I would say a more likely candidate for the 2nd might be bad
>> configuration files for the desktop environment the OP is using.

Joe Zeff:
> You'd think so, but you'd be wrong.  I've seen a number of threads on
> this at fedroforum.org and it's not uncommon for video driver issues to
> cause this by making it impossible for X to start.

I'd tend to agree.

I've usually found that if the desktop had a configuration fault, it'd
start to log you in.  You'd switch away from the login screen, the
desktop would start to draw, then get stuck (e.g. you'd have no menus or
icons).

Though, if you'd enabled something fancy like compiz on a graphics
system that just isn't compatible, I can't recall what happens.

--
[tim at localhost ~]$ uname -r
2.6.27.25-78.2.56.fc9.i686

read messages from the public lists.