F14 - second screen as separate X display

Andy Campbell fedora at starsend.force9.co.uk
Wed Dec 29 16:38:07 UTC 2010

Hi, I'm just trying to gage if I'm in a very small minority
wanting my second screen configured as a separate desktop
( X display ), anyone else out there using this config ?

I've not been able to upgrade to F14, due to a bug
that stops most applets being added to the gnome-panel
on the second screen.  I've logged a bug ( 650638 ) and
done some analysis myself - but its still at a status
of NEW after almost two months.  I thought it might
get "some" attention.

I use my second screen for stuff like IM and music players,
monitoring.  Its also a lot lower resolution than my
primary monitor so its more manageable as separate
X-Display.

Andy