Yum vs. PackageKit

Beartooth beartooth at comcast.net
Thu Dec 30 17:57:51 UTC 2010

	On all machines running F14 with a usable GUI, PackageKit's gpk-
update-viewer (which I run daily, sometimes more) often tells me it sees
no updates, or only very few.  I've been making it a practice, every time
it claims that, to run yum update.

	Very often yum gets a great long list (anywhere from a dozen to
two or three hundred, the latter in cases of a laptop which hasn't been
booted for weeks).

	Comments, please! Am I the only one seeing this??