Fedora 14 and Nvidia 460 Fermi

Michael Miles mmamiga6 at gmail.com
Fri Dec 31 03:04:16 UTC 2010

-----Original Message-----
From: users-bounces at lists.fedoraproject.org
[mailto:users-bounces at lists.fedoraproject.org] On Behalf Of Michael
Cronenworth
Sent: Thursday, December 30, 2010 2:13 PM
To: users at lists.fedoraproject.org
Subject: Re: Fedora 14 and Nvidia 460 Fermi

Chris Kloiber wrote:
> Is that using rpmfusion packages, or nVidia's blob installer? The
> company I work for offers CUDA servers now, and they seem to be
> running the same nvidia driver version I use on my desktop (without
> CUDA, obviously). It seems the CUDA libraries aren't packaged by
> rpmfusion, but may get installed by the blob installer. I would try
> the nVidia installer from their website, and if that works compare the
> libraries installed to the rpmfusion packages. Find the differences
> and bug rpmfusion packagers to package the extra libraries if
> possible, perhaps as a separate "nvidia-cuda" package?

This is easy to figure out if you have a NVIDIA card or not.

# yum whatprovides */libcuda.so.1
[snip long output]
1:xorg-x11-drv-nvidia-libs-260.19.29-2.fc14.x86_64 : Libraries for
                                                    : xorg-x11-drv-nvidia
Repo        : rpmfusion-nonfree-updates
Matched from:
Filename    : /usr/lib64/nvidia/libcuda.so.1
[snip more long output]

Any NVIDIA or CUDA related questions are best asked in areas[1] where NVIDIA
will see them. No one on this list can help you fix the errors.

[1] http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=14