radeon driver heading in wrong direction :-(.

Bruno Wolff III bruno at wolff.to
Mon Feb 1 15:00:27 UTC 2010

On Mon, Feb 01, 2010 at 09:16:29 -0500,
  Bill Davidsen <davidsen at tmr.com> wrote:
> I think the issue is that the drivers in F12 are already out of date,
> and that unless the 2.6.33 (and later) video drivers are backported, or
> the kernel is upgraded, there won't be a lot of joy.

I am not sure about that. I think that a lot of the stuff that is upstream in
2.6.33 is already in Fedora kernels. I use an rv530 on F12 (currently with the
2.6.32 kernels, but previously with 2.6.31) and it seems to work OK for
3d stuff, though I just do quick checks and not a lot of stress testing.
Probably Fedora got the stuff when it went into staging.