radeon driver heading in wrong direction :-(.

Kevin Kofler kevin.kofler at chello.at
Tue Feb 2 00:04:19 UTC 2010

Tom Horsley wrote:
> Actually, in F12, the advanced audio control app has
> a hardware control tab where one of the modes available
> to operate each hardware device is "ignore". I'm now willing to
> use pulse in F12 because I can make it ignore my 2nd sound
> card which I dedicate to optical output from mplayer.

And for KDE users, install the latest updates (in particular, the
pulseaudio, phonon and kdebase-runtime updates), restart your KDE session if
you just updated, then go to Settings → System Settings → Multimedia and
reorder your device priorities to put the broken device to the bottom. (I'm
no sure whether deleting it outright works. I think with PA it has the same
effect as moving it to the bottom.)

        Kevin Kofler