radeon driver heading in wrong direction :-(.

Gene Heskett gene.heskett at verizon.net
Tue Feb 2 01:58:23 UTC 2010

On Monday 01 February 2010, Tom Horsley wrote:
>On Mon, 01 Feb 2010 18:35:03 -0500
>
>Gene Heskett wrote:
>> if I enable pulseaudio, it chooses that for
>> the main output, cannot be convinced to ignore it
>
>Actually, in F12, the advanced audio control app has
>a hardware control tab where one of the modes available
>to operate each hardware device is "ignore". I'm now willing to
>use pulse in F12 because I can make it ignore my 2nd sound
>card which I dedicate to optical output from mplayer.

That would be nice Tom, but until there is a respin of X64, I'm not sure I
can lift a pole long enough to touch F12.

--
Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)

"THIS time it really is fixed. I mean, how many times can we
 get it wrong? At some point, we just have to run out of really
 bad ideas.."

	- Linus Torvalds"