radeon driver heading in wrong direction :-(.

Bruno Wolff III bruno at wolff.to
Tue Feb 2 02:47:46 UTC 2010

On Mon, Feb 01, 2010 at 17:23:40 -0800,
  Brian Mury <brianmury at alumni.uvic.ca> wrote:
> On Mon, 2010-02-01 at 08:51 -0600, Bruno Wolff III wrote:
> > I don't have access to and r600 or r700 based cards. I have a rv280 at
> > home and an rv530 at work and both do 3d currently.
>
> I also have an rv280 that I have been having problems with. I'm curious
> if you are using kernel or user space mode setting, and what you have in
> your xorg.conf (if anything).

Currently the machine using the rv280 is running rawhide with KMS. OpenGL was
working on the card on F12 (also with KMS) when it was released.

The performance varies over time and right now video seems a bit slower than
in the past, but I may have monkeyed around with some of the player settings.

I do need an xorg.conf file because my monitors don't do EDID and the
default screen resolution isn't what I want.