wireless adapter stops working after update

Peter Lesterhuis peterlesterhuis at tiscali.nl
Tue Feb 2 22:55:01 UTC 2010

Some time ago the on-board wireless card of my laptop broke down.
After some googling I bought a new wireless usb-device (Asus WL-167g USB
WLAN adapter). Iwas said to be working out of the box. And it did.  But
after the first updates it stopped working.
Booting the previous kernel does not help.
Somehow I can't believe that the wireless card isn't supported anymore
in the latest kernel.
I reinstalled fedora 12 ... and the card starts working again.
But after installing updates an rebooting it stops working.
Any clues would be wellcome.
Peter