radeon driver heading in wrong direction :-(.

Arne Chr. Jorgensen achrisjo at yahoo.com
Tue Feb 2 23:02:38 UTC 2010

hi,

Been reading your dialogue regarding the subject. Having a laptop, HP 6715b,
which became a *nightmare* under F10-x86_64. I have managed a lot of crappy stuff, but that was hell until the very end.

A quick test of F11-686, F13-rawhide,  and did install F12-x86_64, with some hesitation.

I am surprised: - no flicker on screen, no lock up ( so far ), and it is running 10-25 degrees C cooler !  Fans have never been as silent !

My question:  what on earth was so terrible wrong with the driver under F10 ?
What was the nature of that error ?

( It did not run this nice under F11 or F13, while then I used 686. )

I am puzzled....

//ARNE