Brother MFC210C Printer Install

Sam Varshavchik mrsam at courier-mta.com
Wed Feb 3 01:00:22 UTC 2010

Jim writes:

> FC12-X86_64/Kde
>
> There are no Linux drivers for this printer other than the ones from
> Brother, but they are i386.rpm  drivers and I need to install on a
> X86_64 Fedora12.
>
> What other 32 bit rpms would I need to install to get the i386.rpm
> drivers to work on a X86_64 box ?

Whatever ones rpm tells you it needs, when you try to install the rpm.

Of course, you must be certain that the Brother's frankenrpm even works on
Fedora. Old habits of clueless vendors die hard, and they're probably
providing RPMs for RHEL only, that would be my guess.

You'll be much better off returning this beast, and replacing it with
something that works out of the box with Linux. It's not like there's a
shortage of printers that are supported by CUPS.