Fedora 11: how to update Eclipse and Netbeans

Paolo Galtieri pgaltieri at gmail.com
Wed Feb 3 22:57:20 UTC 2010

To upgrade netbeans go to the oracle web site and download the netbeans 6.8
installer.  I'm running F12 (which provide nb 6.7.1) and using nb 6.8.  To
upgrade eclipse pull the latest from eclipse.org.  If you run eclipse on F12
I discovered you will need to set the following environment variable.

export GDK_NATIVE_WINDOWS=true

otherwise some of the menu buttons wont work.

Paolo