turning off bug-buddy

Greg Woods woods at ucar.edu
Thu Feb 4 14:47:12 UTC 2010

On Wed, 2010-02-03 at 08:19 -0600, Mikkel wrote:

> System --> Preferences --> Startup Applications. Uncheck the box in
> front of Automatic Bug Reporting Tool.

My bad; I forgot to mention this is on Fedora 10. ABRT hadn't been
introduced yet. I did find the startup applications menu but I didn't
see anything in there that related to bug-buddy.

Yes, I know F10 is past end of life, but this particular box is a major
hassle to upgrade (runs MythTV and several out-of-mainline drivers) and
it's on a very safe network at my house behind a well-maintained
firewall so I think it is safe enough for now. It certainly wouldn't be
worth upgrading just to address this issue.

--Greg