livecd-creator failing on F11

Suvayu Ali fatkasuvayu+linux at gmail.com
Sat Feb 6 21:40:50 UTC 2010

Apologies, my earlier reply didn't go to the list. :(

On Saturday 06 February 2010 11:28 AM, Bruno Wolff III wrote:
> On Sat, Feb 06, 2010 at 11:29:20 -0800,
>    Suvayu Ali<fatkasuvayu+linux at gmail.com>  wrote:
>>
>> This list goes on quite a bit. My disk has plenty of space (50 gigs)
>> so that's not the problem. Any ideas what this could be?
>
> Are you sure that space is available on the file system with the /var
> directory?

I am almost 100% sure about that,

$ df -h
/dev/mapper/vg_bhishma-lv_root
                        99G   48G   50G  50% /
/dev/sda2             194M   58M  127M  32% /boot
/dev/mapper/vg_bhishma-LogVol02
                       715G  515G  164G  76% /home
tmpfs                 2.0G  8.7M  2.0G   1% /dev/shm

$ sudo lvdisplay
   --- Logical volume ---
   LV Name                /dev/vg_bhishma/lv_root
   VG Name                vg_bhishma
   LV UUID                zlpJgt-B81e-YRZh-tS5o-lT9r-xmco-fO3cnX
   LV Write Access        read/write
   LV Status              available
   # open                 1
   LV Size                100.00 GB
   Current LE             25600
   Segments               1
   Allocation             inherit
   Read ahead sectors     auto
   - currently set to     256
   Block device           253:0

   --- Logical volume ---
   LV Name                /dev/vg_bhishma/LogVol02
   VG Name                vg_bhishma
   LV UUID                gJsZZZ-H8LE-oR5V-iWSA-Pkw8-x4rD-dKKAv9
   LV Write Access        read/write
   LV Status              available
   # open                 1
   LV Size                725.52 GB
   Current LE             185733
   Segments               1
   Allocation             inherit
   Read ahead sectors     auto
   - currently set to     256
   Block device           253:2

Could I still be having disk space problems given the above information?
I am running the livecd-creator in my home, does that make any
difference? Although that shouldn't pose a problem as you can see above,
I have over hundred gigs of free space in my /home.

--
Suvayu