What's going on with the "users" command?

KC8LDO kc8ldo at arrl.net
Sat Feb 6 23:09:21 UTC 2010

I setup an Fedora-11 box, 32 bit, for multi user access as an experiment. I
created two accounts to log in to with remote access through RDP, using the
installed Xrdp rpm, for remote use. That all seems to work fine. However
going to the command line and typing "users" only shows the account name
from where the command is run, even when I have both accounts logged in at
the same time. The other weird thing is using "gnome-system-monitor" to
watch all processes on the system, with user name listed, does in fact show
both accounts. So what is going on here?

I've also tried the "w" and "who" command with the same results.

Regards;

Leland C. Scott
KC8LDO

What's the difference between ignorance
and stupidity? Well ignorance can be cured
through education, while stupidly is
something you're born with.