livecd-creator failing on F11

Suvayu Ali fatkasuvayu+linux at gmail.com
Sun Feb 7 00:07:59 UTC 2010

On Saturday 06 February 2010 03:47 PM, Bruno Wolff III wrote:
> On Sat, Feb 06, 2010 at 14:04:55 -0800,
>    Suvayu Ali<fatkasuvayu+linux at gmail.com>  wrote:
>>
>> IOError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory:
>> '/var/tmp/imgcreate-DBVzFU/install_root/boot/initrd-2.6.31.12-174.2.3.fc12.x86_64.img'
>>
>> I suspect my increased size in the part command wasn't enough. I think
>> I'll give up on the idea of having OOo on the live image, and try again.
>> with a smaller set of packages. I 'll post back if I run into problems.
>
> That may be related to the switch from mkinitrd to dracut. I have been
> able to build live images on f12, but haven't for a few weeks. (I mostly
> do this in rawhide now.) So that may not be the answer, but you might want
> to check. Are you doing the image build on f11 and not f12?

Yes I'm doing this on F11.

I also found something which could be an alternate explanation. When I
look in /var/tmp/, I see the folder mentioned above doesn't
exist. Instead there is another folder of a similar name,
/var/tmp/imgcreate-yvpmqw. I have a hunch this could be a leftover
from the first time the build failed.

On doing `mount -l' I see that the install_root under that is still
mounted. Trying to umount complains the device is busy. I could try to
reboot and build again ... :-\

I will post back whether I succeed after a reboot.

--
Suvayu