?? on library files

Jim mickeyboa at sbcglobal.net
Sun Feb 7 14:42:55 UTC 2010

On 02/06/2010 08:38 PM, Ed Greshko wrote:
> Jim wrote:
>
>> I have installed NX-x86_64 and library files are in /usr/NX/lib and
>> x86_64 can't find them there, i have linked a few of them from
>> /usr/lib64/ but there are many more
>> in /usr/NX/lib that are probably not being seen.
>>
>> How do I get all those library file in /usr/NX/lib to be in PATH so they
>> can be read as they are needed.
>> I can't get NX to work between client and Server and I'm not getting any
>> error messages .
>>
>> The three rpms I installed are X86_64.rpm .
>>

> Are you sure about what you are saying?
>
> I don't have a 64bit system.  But, when you say "NX" do you really mean
> "nx" as in nx-3.3.0-38.fc12.x86_64.rpm or whatever updated version there is?
>
> Also, the file list for this rpm shows quite different paths than you
> state....
>
> ./usr/bin/nxagent
> ./usr/bin/nxproxy
> ./usr/bin/nxssh
> ./usr/lib64/nx
> ./usr/lib64/nx/libX11.so.6
> ./usr/lib64/nx/libX11.so.6.2
> ./usr/lib64/nx/libXcomp.so.3
> ./usr/lib64/nx/libXcomp.so.3.3.0
> ./usr/lib64/nx/libXcompext.so.3
> ./usr/lib64/nx/libXcompext.so.3.3.0
> ./usr/lib64/nx/libXcompshad.so.3
> ./usr/lib64/nx/libXcompshad.so.3.3.0
> ./usr/lib64/nx/libXext.so.6
> ./usr/lib64/nx/libXext.so.6.4
> ./usr/lib64/nx/libXrender.so.1
> ./usr/lib64/nx/libXrender.so.1.2.2
> ./usr/libexec/nx
>

> etc....

NX-3.4 Nomachine

I linked from /usr/lib64 the :

libXcomp.so.3
libXcompext.so.3
libXcompshad.so.3

And the execute files that needed them were satisfied.

But I have others back in /usr/NX/lib that I question as to wether they
are in the path that are being read.

This is the first time since FC6 that I have had trouble with NoMachine NX,
but this is the first time i have used it in X86_64

I have tried FreeNX on FC6 > forward with no luck at all, and I do not
want to try it anymore.

This is as far as I can get, before it "times out"