Option 322 quicksilver

Jeffrey Landgrebe mountainhome3 at yahoo.com
Sun Feb 7 20:34:17 UTC 2010

Hello,

I am Jeff, and my email is:
mountainhome3 at yahoo.com

I am new to linux, but not new to computers and programming (retired, having worked in the latter part of my career programming and working with data in the Microsoft quicksand).  I would like now to learn linux on my laptop (my only PC at the moment).  I had rummaged around, and some folks advised me try Ubuntu.  I did so, and I am currently dual-booting  MS Win XP and Ubuntu 9.10.

Unfortunately, I quickly learned Ubuntu 9.10 does not support my internet USB device from AT&T, the Option Icon 322 Quicksilver.  There is a workaround, but that is not really how I would prefer to begin my learning.

Could someone please tell me if this device is supported in Fedora 12 (or whatever the most recent release is)?

If so, I will replace Ubuntu with Fedora.  It is tedious jumping back to WinXP when I need to get info from internet sources, and then re-booting to Ubuntu.

Thank you in advance for any help.