Fedora 12 + nvidia driver 190.53 + nvidia GeForce GT 130M + Acer Aspire 5739 = six little desktop on display instead of a desktop

Ambrogio fn050202 at interfree.it
Sun Feb 7 19:50:47 UTC 2010

Hi all,

I wrote about Fedora 11 and nvidia driver on october, but I can't solve
the problem.

Now I have this laptop with fedora 12 installed.
With the standard installation I can see only a desktop but drivers
nouveau are not so good for the right resolution that is 1366x768. I can
see at 1200x720.

So
I updated all
I configured the rpmfusion free and nonfree
I installed kmod-nvidia version 190.53 for PAE, with nvidia-settings,
nvidia-xconfig xorg-x11-drv-nvidia-190.53
I removed nouveau
I create the initrd

I modified inittab for init 3
After the reboot, I issued the nvidia-xconfig
BUT ... after startx, I see my monitor divided in 3 rows and 2 columns,
and in every rectangle I see the desktop, very poor and very little.

I tried also the drivers from nvidia, but the result is the same
I can't understand why, and what I can do to solve the problem. My card
is supported with the 190.53 version, so I should expect X to work.

Also, I can say that the monitor resolution is recognized as 640x480,
and livna-config-display crashes.
Now Automatic bug report is downloading everything is needed to submit
the bug report, but I can't submit the report because the windows is too
big for the desktop and I can't see the send button.

There is someone that can help me on solve this 2 problems? First to
send the bug report (even from command line), and above all to obtain
the X working?

Tnx
 Ambrogio