Problems with X11 in FC12.

reg at dwf.com reg at dwf.com
Tue Feb 9 04:46:52 UTC 2010

I dont know if these are known problems (with work arounds) but
I see at least two major problems with X11 (and the nouveau driver for Nvidia
cards).

(1) The driver no longer understands <ctl><alt><+> and <ctl><alt><-> to move
      among the definitions on the MODE line.

(2) On two separate systems here, on startup, X11 seems to throw away all MODE
     definitions except those within epsilon of 60Hz.  This leaves me with an
800x600
     screen which is unacceptable.

Now (1) could just be due to (2) eliminating all alternatives, but I have no
way of knowing.

So, others seeing this?
Any fix?

With this screen Fc12 (with this video driver) is unusable for me.

--
                                        Reg.Clemens
                                        reg at dwf.com