looking for motherboard recommendation

Danny Yee bookreviewer at gmail.com
Tue Feb 9 10:40:58 UTC 2010

I'm looking for a micro-ATX socket 775 motherboard that has video and
audio on-board.  I want something that will drive a 1920x1200 monitor,
but I don't play games so performance isn't an issue.  The important
thing is that it needs to work with Fedora without messing around.

The Asus P5Q-VM motherboard I have has an Intel audio system that I've
never been able to get to work reliably - I keep having to rebuild my
own alsa-driver modules and even that seems to have stopped working
with Fedora 12, and in Fedora 12 I've only managed to get the Intel
video working (at more than a frame refresh a minute) by modifying
xorg.conf and the kernel boot options.

Any recommendations?  I'm inclined to avoid Intel given my experience,
but are the alternatives any better?

Danny.